mandag den 21. april 2014

Living with the host family

The day before Yesterday I met with my host at the Menlo-Atherton school. His Name is Cole and he was very nice and welcoming. We ate together with all the other Danish students and their hosts.  After eating, we drove home and I met his parents, they were also so sweet and welcoming. Then they showed me my room and bathroom. Cole had some homework he had to do, so his parents and I watched the college basketball finale and discussed the plans for tomorrow. It was getting pretty late and we all decided to go to bed. Yesterday I woke up and ate breakfast with Cole and his mother. Then we drove to school. The school was actually a lot like Danish school. But unfortunately it was boring at times because I couldn’t really participate. Cole and I had to leave school early because he had a lacrosse game. I was really lucky because I got to watch the most anticipated lacrosse game against their rivals from Menlo, a private school, and I got to watch it from the team bench. That was really cool. Menlo-Atherton beat Menlo and everyone was very happy. Then we went home and ate dinner and after that, since Cole had homework to do, Cole’s mother drove me over to another Danish student. It was really fun to see how another student lived with their host, after a couple of hours Cole’s mother came and picked me up and drove me home. Then we talked a little and after that we went to bed. Today I had a morning and a school day similar to yesterdays. After school Cole had Lacrosse practice so 3 Danish students and I went home to another Danish student and her host. It was really fun. We played table tennis and talked about our experiences at the school and with our host families.  At dinner time Cole came to pick me up and we had to go to a team dinner with the lacrosse team. It was very fun we ate pizza, played pool and foosball and then we drove home because it is my last night together with my host family.

Written by Jonas

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar